Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'll be the first to admit it, I am not the best when it comes to keeping myself informed. So you must imagine my surprise when I read today that American Greetings just yesterday debuted their updated Strawberry Shortcake with a “fruit-forward” makeover. What?!?? A whole 24 hours and this was not major news? Thank goodness I read Dlisted today!
Anyway, Strawberry Shortcake was a definite favorite of mine growing up. We had dance parties together, tea time...you know, the usual kid stuff.....Anyway, for those who need reminding, she was part of a line of scented dolls (featured on the top left). And actually we have a lip gloss in the store now by Mor which evokes that yummy powdery strawberry scent - I just can't get enough and I guess you can't either - we can't keep it in stock! Anyway, she was so innocent, so at peace - and now, so 2008: The new and improved Strawberry Shortcake no longer prefers gumdrops, but opts for fresh fruit instead; her calico cat Custord has been replaced with a cellphone; and she now has a penchant for lipstick.
Well, I have to say that I am a strong believer in lip glosses, fruit is yummy, and I am not really a fan of cats - so maybe this is an upgrade. What do you think??

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

So

9:26 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

so, so disappointing. What's next: He-Man with nutritional supplements and an iPod?

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter