Monday, October 13, 2008

The Best Men's Shirt Ever*

Back in the day, when I was just a mere twenty-something, I happened upon a Giorgio Armani sample sale. I felt like quite the insider- it was in an unmarked suite in the middle of a New York office building, and it seemed as though only those in the know knew (this was before the Facebook/Twitter/Texting revolution). There were no dressing rooms, so like everyone else, I just bought everything that I could carry (this was after the eBay/Craigslist revolution).

One of my finds- or at least I thought, at the time- was a crisp, blue fitted shirt. When I got home and tried it on, I realized that the shirt was tailored to be a little bit more than "fitted". It was tight. And when I say tight, I mean tight like the shirt worn by Bruno:

I wasn't really sure what to do. I mean, on one hand, it was a beautiful shirt. A beautiful Armani shirt. It was supposed to look good. But every time I looked at myself in the mirror, all I saw was a painfully tight shirt, and a really awkward looking dude who didn't look thrilled to be wearing a painfully tight shirt.

So I gave the shirt away. I had to.

Now, on the other hand, I'm a veteran of notoriously baggy shirts. I came of age in the '90s, when guys wore everything really baggy. These were our heroes, after all:

So here we are, late in 2008. What's a guy to wear? We don't want to be poured into our shirts, but we also don't want to swim in them either. Thankfully, Jac's got the answer: Steven Alan's men's shirting.

These shirts are tailored just right- they're slim without being too skinny. What I love about them the most is that while they've got traditional roots, they look very much a shirt of "today". It's hard to find shirts that can walk this line, and Steven Alan's nailed it with this line. Check out some of the shirts below:

Jac. is the only place in Atlanta to pick up Steven Alan, so stop by asap to grab yours asap!


* We carry men's and women's Steven Alan!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every man need to have at least one tailored suit!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter