Saturday, October 25, 2008

Presidential Fashion Primer: Barack Obama

One week ago today, my fellow Americans (and non-Americans), I invited you on a journey with me that's taken us from Joe Biden's fight for flannel to John McCain's quest for universal boot cut jeans. There have been high times (Sarah Palin's teak bottle opener) and low times (my failure to address Wolf Blitzer's sinister facial hair), but throughout, you've stuck with me, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

And with that, I give you my last Presidential Fashion Primer. Barack Obama, my friends.

Trovata Highway Corduroy Pants

One thing we learned on the campaign trail is that Obama is- I'm not sure exactly how to put this- the "cooler" of the two candidates. Just like we remember Bubba Clinton's first campaign for his virtuoso sax solo on Arsenio, we'll also look back at Obama's groove-tastic turn on Ellen as a watershed moment in Presidential campaign politics.
To play up on his decisive advantage in my subjective "cool polling", I recommend Trovata's Highway Corduroy Pants. They're cut somewhat narrowly, which is perfect for the fit Illinois' Senator's athletic yet stately lower half (did I really just say that?).

To find out more or to purchase Trovata's Highway Corduroy Pants, click here.

Zebra Crossing Club Elephant Backpack

Nothing says "Democrat with the ability to reach out to Republicans" quite like a grown man with an irresistibly cute, purple elephant backpack. Zebra Crossing Club's Elephant Backpack is not only super soft, but it also has a detachable Elephant soft toy. It's perfect for his little daughter Sasha, who's probably more than a little tired of Daddy's non-stop campaigning. There's also secret pouch, so if he'd like, the Senator can fill it with sour grapes and have it delivered to Rush Limbaugh post-election.

To find out more or to purchase Zebra Crossing Club's Elephant Backpack, click here.

NSF Deppen Cardigan

At first glance, the Deppen may fool Obama and his advisers. They may think "this sweater is too elitist, too contemplative, too thoughtful". They're wrong, because not only is the knit work impeccable, but the placket reveals a cream and crimson detail that screams "I was the Editor of Harvard Law Review and my opponent nearly failed out of the Naval Academy". While Obama spent the last two Presidential election cycles watching his Democratic predecessors fall to a proud "C" student, this smart cardigan can help him convince the electorate that being smart is a strength, not a weakness.

To find out more or to purchase NSF's Deppen Cardigan, click here.

Regardless of what you wear on November 4th, don't forget to vote.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter